Code of Ethics
We all need a set of guiding parameters by which we live our lives. I’m sharing my code of ethics so that others might want to adopt them as their own…..
Code of Ethics
- I believe in the Golden Rule as the basis of all human conduct; therefore, I will never do to another person that which I would not be willing for that person to do to me if our positions were reversed.
- I will be honest, even to the slightest detail, in all my transactions with others, not only because of my desire to be fair with them, but because of my desire to impress the idea of honesty on my own subconscious mind, thereby weaving this essential quality into my own character.
- I will forgive those who are unjust toward me, with no thought as to whether they deserve it or not, because I understand the law through which forgiveness of others strengthens my own character and wipes out the effects of my own transgressions in my subconscious mind.
- I will be just, generous, and fair with others always-even though I know that these acts will go unnoticed and unrewarded in the ordinary terms of reward-because I understand that one’s own character is but the sum total of his own acts and deeds.
- Whatever time I may have to devote to the discovery and exposure of the weaknesses and faults of others I will devote, more profitably, to the discovery and correction of my own.
- I will slander no person — no matter how much I may believe another person may deserve it — because I wish to plant no destructive suggestions in my own mind.
- I recognize the power of thought as being an inlet leading into my brain from the universal ocean of life; therefore, I will set no destructive thoughts afloat upon that ocean lest they pollute the minds of others.
- I will conquer the common human tendency toward hatred, envy, selfishness, jealousy, malice, pessimism, doubt, and fear — for I believe these to be the seeds from which the world harvests most of its trouble..
- When my mind is not occupied with thoughts that tend toward the attainment of my definite goal in life, I will voluntarily keep it filled with thoughts of courage, self-confidence, goodwill toward others, faith, kindness, loyalty, love for truth, and justice-for I believe these to be the seeds from which the world reaps its harvest of progressive growth.
- Because I know that my character is developed from my own acts and thoughts, I will guard with care all that goes into its development.
- Because I realize that enduring happiness comes only through helping others find it, and that no act of kindness is without its reward, even though it may never be directly repaid, I will do my best to assist others when and where the opportunity appears.